Exclusion at The Wisdom Academy
Policy to be reviewed
Date policy approved
September 2019 by Headteacher and Proprietor
(The term exclusion here refers to suspension or permanent suspension which may be expulsion or the requirement to leave)
The Wisdom Academy has a set of general rules and regulations which are designed in order that The Wisdom Academy may be a safe, happy and caring place where members of the community show consideration, concern and respect for each other. These rules are found in The Wisdom Academy Handbook and in the Behaviour Policy.
All children are expected to comply with these rules. Severe or consistent breaches of regulations may result in the pupil’s place at school being at risk.
The purpose of this exclusion policy is to set out a list of the sorts of behaviour that could merit exclusion and to outline the procedure which would precede an exclusion.
A non-exhaustive list of the sorts of behaviour that could merit suspension or exclusion includes the following, regardless of whether they took place within school or outside the school grounds or school time:
- Physical assault against pupils or adults
- Verbal abuse/threatening behaviour against pupils or adults
- Racist abuse
- Damage to property
- Sexual misconduct
- Drug misuse
- Persistent disruptive/antisocial behaviour
- Contravention of The Wisdom Academy Behaviour policy
- Contravention of the Behavioural contract
- Behaviour which brings the school into disrepute
- Behaviour which in the Headteacher’s reasonable opinion leads her to believe that removal of the pupil from the school is in the best interest of the school.
- A fair and thorough investigation will be held into the allegations against an individual pupil
- The investigation will normally be carried out by a member of the senior team or head teacher.